Sunday 23 February 2014

My very own coat of arms

Ive been making headway for the new project at University, in which i work with a team of three other people to make a 45 second animation, so my blog has been neglicted for a while. I will share it once it is finished, but for now enjoy my Coat of Arms…..


I designed my own contemporary coat of arms this week, Im rather proud of it myself.
-Blackbirds provide peace and affection for the home and family, and also I think blackbirds are funny to look at.
-The embellished lines around the bottom mean 'Clouds on Air'.
-The porthole is from my bedroom back at home, with a deep brown night sky in the centre. I like starry skies, and often we forget they're there at night.
-The violin is the instrument I play, and also makes up the shape of the crest in the centre.
-The orange colours mean 'persevierence' and relate to the colours of the blackbird.
And the words 'Esse Quam Videri' meaning 'to be, rather than to seem' which i think in modern terms means 'not to follow' (ergo. I am probably a hipster)

I will wear it with pride!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nothing much has happened in the development of Lilith this week.


Random invented drawing of a guy in glasses, probably suffering from a cold or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment